Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Jack 'O' Lantern of the Season!


Even though I've been suffering from a major case of the sickies this week i managed to rouse myself from bed last night to carve my first pumpkin of the season. Isn't he cyuuuute? I think I'll call him Balthazar...

So last year I first began experimenting with methods to keep carved pumpkins from rotting and/or molding (last year I tried cinnamon & that was a BUST!).  This year I read something about a method with bleach. I believe it's one tablespoon bleach to one gallon of water. You're supposed to let the carved parts of the pumpkin soak in the water for 6-8 hours. Afterwards you're to spray the pumpkin every day with the same mild bleach solution. The science of it seems sound so I guess I'll see in a couple of days! 

How's the pumpkin carving going for all of you out there?

Tricks & Treats,


No comments:

Post a Comment